Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Manager
The IT Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and performance monitoring of information technology systems across UUBO’s functions and processes, thereby enabling the achievement of the firm’s performance objectives and goals:
Overview and job duties
- IT Project implementation
- Facilitating IT systems development
- Definition and Organization of Systems architecture
- Business Intelligence
- IT Infrastructure Management.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide expertise on information technology and communications to ensure that the firm’s Partners have the best possible information for effective decision making.
- Contribute to the development of the firm’s strategic and business plans, particularly in relation to information and communication technology systems.
- Oversee the planning, development/procurement, implementation and maintenance of firm-wide information and communications systems which enable the firm’s functions and processes, within specified timelines, budget and resource requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate proactively with the lawyers and the Business Support Unit Heads to understand the requirements for information technology enablement.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts aimed at developing IT business solutions and ensure optimal leverage of technology to effectively carry out UUBO’s business operations and processes.
- Coordinate and collaborate proactively with the lawyers and the Business Support Unit Heads to understand training needs of users of different application systems and ensure the provision of adequate user-level training, before, during and after the implementation of information technology application systems.
- Ensure that all information technology application systems, existing and future procurements operate in and conform to the international standards and norms of governance and security.
- Establish and enforce IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the integrity, availability, confidentiality and security of corporate data and information.
- Ensure that all users of any information technology application system operating within the firm adhere to the basic minimum requirements with regard to information security and document control.
- Keep abreast of new trends and developments in the area of information technology, in general and industry specific information technology trends in electricity utilities.
- Direct and supervise the other members of staff of the information technology department to ensure that they are well motivated and receive the necessary training and development to enable them carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Monitor the department’s performance through agreed Key Performance Measures
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities in the department by making requests in timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate business relationships with relevant IT vendors and suppliers and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Define improvement plans and targets for each financial year and monitor achievement against targets.
- Ensure adequate management of the firm’s IT assets and ensure adequate availability of IT devices for relevant end-users.
- Champion the process of selling the business case for implementing new IT business solutions to relevant stakeholders and obtain necessary approvals for implementing identified solutions.
- B.Sc or B.Tech in Computer Science from a credible institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience
- Relevant IT certification
- Project management certification
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years old in 2019.
- Database Design and Administration
- Networking Administration
- Server Administration
- Programming and Application Development
- Disaster Recovery
- Hardware Configuration
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Information Security
- Project Management
- Strong business focus
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.