The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), formerly known as Centre for Communication Programs Nigeria (CCPN) was registered in 2001 as a Non-Governmental Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Birthed in Nigeria by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), Baltimore, USA, CCPN transitioned its operations under the new name CCSI after an exciting 10 years of growth and operations in Nigeria and other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Grants Officer
Job Code: FGO 1
The Finance & Grants Officer will be required to:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support in the management of all financial related components of the project including payments of vendors, sub-contracting/ sub-granting, money transfers and timely retirement.
- Supportthe emp owerment of the small-scale entrepreneurs in seed grant
Required Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Provide timely, accurate financial information and ensure that Grants expenditures are in line with the donor requirements.
- Support the Senior Finance Officer to prepare the grants budget for the OHP project.
- Contribute towards grant and financial management of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members
- Assist with the grants set-up in SAP.
- Support with the training of staff and partners on donor policies, rules and regulations
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre- award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of accounting (use of SAP, Quickbooks), financial management, financial policy formulation, and systems of internal control of all partners/grantees to ensure compliance in terms with donor rules and regulations.
- Review partner budget and provide assistance and guidance where necessary including the monitoring and interpretation of project budgets versus actual expenditures.
- Facilitate timely partner advance request and liquidation in SAP.
- Review Partners/grantee liquidation and recommend for approval.
- Conduct and document regular partner visits to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Ensure receipt of timely and accurate accounting and financial reports from partners.
- Monitor and track grants related performance measurement indicators and liaise with Senior Finance Officer to implement strategies to improve performance.
- Support the preparation of financial reports based on donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports.
- Periodically update the financial reporting matrix.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Senior Finance Officer
Application Closing Date
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in donor funds grants administration.
- Experience working with sub-grantees required.
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with the key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience of providing capacity development assistance to sub-grantees strongly preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point)
9th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a detailed Cover Letter describing their relevant qualifications and experience to: email@example.com
Applications must indicate the Position Title & Location on the e-mail subject line.