Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/ Human Resource Assistant
Report to: Project Administration Manager
Working hours: 48 Hours Per week
Main Objective of the Position
- Execute administrative and finance tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files and documents in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Follow up accommodation and movement plan to the projects and ensure all staffs are well information.
- Daily Supervision of the cleaners and cook.
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two (2) years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Local language essential ( Hausa) Mission language (English)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, Stress Management, service
- Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
- Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
- Basic salary: 303,781 NGN.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Motivation Letter and copies of credentials either by email (Email subject should be Finance/ Human Resource Assistant: Maiduguri)
In person at
MSF Spain Office,
Old International Primary School Line NTA/Circular Road Junction
By Damboa Road,
Maiduguri- Borno State.
(Write the position for which you are applying on the envelope)
- Only short-listed applicants are contacted.
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF encourages woman and people with disability status to apply.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
172total visits,2visits today